The UCSD English Language Institute offers courses to students age 18 years of age and older throughout the year. Testing at the beginning of the program will determine students' class placement.
- Communication and Culture
- Intensive Academic
- Intensive Business Fundamentals
- Intensive Business
- Intensive TOEFL
- Intensive Legal English
- Intensive Pre-University
- Conversation Plus
Programs Dates & Prices
Administered through UCSD Extension, programs are for international professionals and students alike. These classes vary in length from 1 quarter to 3 quarters (approximately 10 weeks to 9 months), with different areas of focus including Business Management, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and TEFL.
- Business Management
- Business Essentials
- Teaching English as Foreign Language (TEFL) Proficiency
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Summer Intensive TEFL
- Special Studies in TEFL
- Teaching English Grammar (TEG)
- Teaching English to the Young Learner (TEYL)
All UPC applicants must be registered into the Intranet – International Office link. For assistance and information on special UPC discounts contact Cinthia Silva - firstname.lastname@example.org - ext. 7185.